Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bingo Mega reopens to US customers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 am 

I received this in my email today for bingomega:

"We are thrilled to announce that, in light of the new European Commission ruling passed on March 21, 2007 we will as from today open our halls to US players!

As a welcome back gesture........."

What exactly is the European Commission ruling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

This is all I could find on the EU for that date.
Cya

EU tells Denmark, Finland, Hungary to lift barriers to sports betting

The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 21, 2007

BRUSSELS, Belgium: The European Commission on Wednesday demanded that Denmark, Finland and Hungary change national rules that limit sports betting in their countries, saying it could take them to court if they do not respond within two months.

The Commission said it had received complaints that the three nations effectively block companies based in other EU countries from doing business there, citing restrictions such as the requirement for a state concession or license and limits to promoting or advertising betting and determining who can gamble.

The complaints came from a number of gambling companies and information gathered by EU officials, it said.

The restrictions are incompatible with EU law, the Commission said, adding that the measures taken by the three countries "have not been shown to be necessary, proportionate and nondiscriminatory."

It said the countries could not claim they were trying to protect consumers from gambling if, at the same time, they incite and encourage people to use state lotteries and other gambling operators that pay the proceeds to the government.

It challenged the position of existing national operators — such as state gambling monopolies — saying they should not benefit from being categorized as nonprofit operations since they have strict annual revenue targets and often rely on commercial retail outlets to market their gambling services.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Even if they did re open to USA players I STILL say... do not play! Do not deposit!! You still have no recourse if they choose not to pay you. How are they going to pay? Will it be as quickly as your money gets to them? Ask these questions folks. If they had a playthru before, is there STILL one? Is there a deposit requirement to be fulfilled as in once a week etc? Is there a maximum payout per week or month? You should be able to get ALL of your winnings ANY time you want.. after all if you don't give them your money you can't play can you? There are many more questions you can ask. These sites who choose to accept USA players regardless of the "ban" have only one thing in mind... YOUR $$$$$.

Americans need to at least sit back and see what will happen with the gambling ban!! Hold out for regulation!! Try to see the BIG picture folks!! I believe the US Govt will do something!! There is too much money to be lost. It could help our nation immensely. I feel the reason this happened in the first place is that our government was seeing too many $$ leaving the country.

I believe SOMEONE somewhere knows exactly what is going to happen concerning online gaming and that time will tell. The profit potential is entirely too big to be ignored and I think we all know that.

Hang tight American players!! I believe better days WITH regulation are coming. We can wait it out! In my opinion REGULATION is the only answer!

Post subject: Waiting
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:24 pm 
<<<Newbie here
I agree, I am gonna wait to see what the end will bring. I have had my share of being taken for a ride by bingo sites (before the "Ban"). I could name my share of "You got to be kidding me" websites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our Forum Lwhite1960!

Lwhite1960 said:
Quote:
I could name my share of "You got to be kidding me" websites.

If you have time, please name a few :-w lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome LWhite... I would love to hear the ones you think are "laughable" also!! Peeps need to know our thoughts , opinions and hard core experiences so they will know NOT to play there!!

Let's make this forum work for us!! With players help it is being done more every day. Thanks to those of you who continue to be a part of BPU!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:38 pm 

Welcome LWhite & Please do share!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:54 am 

I play at bingo gala, a sister site to mega and there is no playthrough whatsoever, they have guaranteed 12 hour cashouts (which I've never had a problem with) I have no problems at all recommending them.

jello

Post subject: you've got to be kidding site alert
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:07 pm 

I was wandering through bingo sites and discovered I had a few bonus bucks left at a site called bingobarb.net. I couldnt imagine why I left them until I started playing.
about an hour ago I played in the nickel room..about 10 to 15 playing. The first 10 games won by the same 3 people. I made a few comments in the chat room (no chat leader) as to the same winners. I even began choosing the next winner! lol Only had 3 to choose from so it wasnt too tough.
Last night I played every room that was open there and the same pattern emerges.. a group of consistent winners. Needless to say, I did leave a TT and expressed that I intended to voice my opinion at this watchdog group. They have some of the highest deposit requirements for participating in special games that I have seen, and constant pop ups reminding you to deposit are ever present. They must use moneymonger software!!!!!!! LOL
I advise you to use caution with this site because of the same winner syndrome. alone. ](*,) I didnt bother looking into withdraw and deposit rules because I know I will never do either one there.