Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where Does BPU Stand on Regulation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

BPU has been in Favor of Bingo Regulations for some time now! I have had a BPU is for Regulation at the top center of our Index Page, for some time now, but it was in small font. It took me awhile to figure out how to make it bigger. Three of our Staff members have that Statement at the bottom of all their posts. We have also advised all players to stop playing Online Bingo, and no longer Approving any sites to play on, until Stiff Regulations are put into effect!

We have our eyes and ears open to what is happening with this issue and who is doing what! BPU will affiliate and offer all it’s resources to any respectable Organization that can demonstrate they have the US Governments Ear! To Date the only Organization I see that is actively working toward a repeal of this Ban is APCW.org. If there are others, perhaps one of you will post and that will direct us to them.

From what I have been seeing, it appears to me that most of us involved in the Industry and taken a Hold Back and Lets See What Happens Position. I do see more and more Petitions coming from Gambling interests. What their impact will be on the Gambling Ban Issue is not clear at this time.

I am convinced, that if we really want to bring this issue to a Government, that will listen, it will require a consorted interest. To date! BPU has not made that 100% commitment to any Organization fighting the Government Ban on Internet Gambling. Before this can be done, a dialogue between us has to take place. In addition, we have a couple of projects, related to Regulation, that we on our back burner.

BPU does not intend to be content with just reporting what is happening in our Industry and will do its best to take an active roll, when the topic of Bingo Regulations come up at the Government level.

Post subject: Re: Where Does BPU Stand on Regulation
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 pm 

In favor of doing what it takes to protect player interests. . . after all it is our money that keeps the whole industry afloat in the first place

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 am 

thanks for looking out for the players here and everywhere who enjoy playing online bingo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm 

I want to say thanks to all of you on this matter. I am so confused on what we can and can't do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 pm 

There is no reason to be confused. Just read the newest updates on the legalities of online gambling bill. It will tell you that you can't use your credit cards or bank accounts to make deposits online for gambling. If you can find a way to use e-wallet or moneybookers or other "middle man" then you should be okay. However, be very careful as to how you try to finance your "playing" online.