Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is online bingo a good thing?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:46 pm 

I know my own personal opinion but would like to understand other peoples opinion.

"Is online bingo a good thing?"

Do you think that playing online is a good thing; some people say it removes the social interaction which is a big part of the enjoyment for most people. Also are people more likely to get addicted or to spend more money by playing online?

Very interested to hear from fellow bingo players.

Stephen

Advertisement

NewBingoBilly Free Bingo
 Post subject: Re: Is online bingo a good thing?
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 am 
Site Admin

From my own personal experience, I became a gambling addict while playing online bingo. Do I blame online bingo? Not at all. I let it happen and I regained control. It all depends on ones inner strength and belief in a higher power.

As with any type of gambling I believe it has its good and bad sides. On the good side, it enables many disabled and/or homebound to interact through the chat rooms while gambling. On the bad side, it has been, up until recently, been extremely easy to spend more money (deposit) due to the fact it is at your fingertips 24/7, even down to prepurchasing so your games play even if you are not logged in.

Also some sites (most of them) will entice some players to continue to play even though they do not have available funds until their disability or social security checks, etc. come in. Some site operators will loan them some bonus bucks to play. Sometimes this involves paying them back with real cash and other times they just give "loyalty or goodwill" bonuses, knowing their rules will stop these loyalty bonus players from withdrawing while playing against paying players, creating a house edge on top of the percentage the house keeps as part of the game.

In my opinion only, I do not think online bingo is as fair as brick and mortar bingo based soley on the fact that online bingo is a software. It is programmed to do what it does. In land bingo, the balls are called while you watch them shoot up the tube to the live caller. In online bingo, with a habit of paying attention to the games, you realize that, for instance, the one line game, takes MOST of the time 20 or more numbers to fill in 4 numbers for a wn. This is because the games are set up on a time limit.

You can see the time limit by waiting until the game begins, refreshing your page and watching the bingo room clock showing what time the next game begins. Normally no one will win until there is less than 2 minutes before the next game.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing online bingo and inter acting with the other players, but never saw it for more than what it is. A program. I especially loved being a chat host and trying to help members get through the hard times with an encouraging word, when I wanted to scream "take a break... come back in a couple of weeks maybe your luck will be better". I saw i enough I would be fine with recommending it.

Online players are not at liberty to speak their minds, either in chat or in public forums such a ours. Their chat is monitored and there are very strict rules as to what they cannot talk about. Breaking these rules many times will send them to "bingo jail" (having their chat disabled because someone in management or a group of other players do not like what they said). In the sites favor, most of the rules are good ones.

I learned to play bingo with my Mom and she was one of the worst complainers ever, so I come to accept whining as a part of the game. Most of the time it is totally harmless, like calling the caller bad names like sow, scuz or whatever. The folks know they are talking to a software program, the caller is NOT real... cant speak, see, hear or feel, therefore cannot possibly hurt any feelings LOLOL!! So this is a ridiculous rule as far as I am concerned.

Most software has a mute button for those who do not want to hear it. Those who want to whine have just as much right as those who do not want to hear them, so there is an easy solution.

By far, in my opinon, the worst part of online gambling is No USA regulations. The offshore sites who choose to, steal players blind knowing there is no legal recourse for this player to get what is actually theirs. Those sites infect the Online Gambling Industry as a whole by being the reason a large number of players will never take another chance at online gambling again.

I expect the USA will regulate and legalize one day and those sites based in offshore countries will no longer be able to keep their heads above water. USA players make up a huge part of the online bingo world.

Post subject: Re: Is online bingo a good thing?
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:57 am 

Hi Sissy,

Thank you for your reply. Great post.

"the caller is NOT real... cant speak, see, hear or feel, therefore cannot possibly hurt any feelings LOLOL!! So this is a ridiculous rule as far as I am concerned." Fair Point :-)

I'm very glad to here you managed to regain control.

Regards
Stephen