Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CH ripped off twice now
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 pm 

so once again I have worked for a site who refuses to pay me. I have written several emails and not even gotten a no response. So whats with that? They dont think they have to pay if you worked, even if the job didnt work out for you. Also, I noticed that one of the sites that ripped me off before is now listed in a BPU approved forum? Whats with that? I think that if they cant be professional enough to pay their CMs then how do they become approved for players? I wouldnt want to play at a site that I knew wasnt paying CHs.... So now does anyone have any info on Bingo Card? I started to work for them, they told me the pay would be close to my minimum wage, which was my fault for not asking what the exact amount would be, but then later told me what the pay was and it was wayyyy too low for me, Min wages here are like $2 more per hour. So anyway, agreed that this wouldnt be the position for me, and now, cant get paid for the time I did work. I have sent several nice emails saying, can you just tell me yes or no if you plan on paying me, and I get nothing. So. Once again. here I am. asking if anyone knows besides me that these people are rip offs? Seems like they might be affiliated with the other rip off com pany with the way they show professionalism.

Advertisement

NewBingoBilly Free Bingo
 Post subject: Re: CH ripped off twice now
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:11 pm 

Ope I finally got a response today saying that No I would not be paid, I didnt finish training and all I did was enter some BBs.... well to me that was work, I was there the entire shift and was told I did a great job by the training CH. So to them I guess that wasnt doing anything, but I still expect to be paid for the time I put in, O well another one bites the dust, and if anyone asks me then I will have to give my honest opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

I am sorry you got ripped off by a site. Yes work needs to be paid for but it is also up to you to ask if you are going to be paid for training.

It is not fair to our members for anyone to come in and state that a site has ripped you off and is now on our approved list unless you state the name of the site so that we may look into it for you. You can do this by e-mail or by pm as we do not like to see any player, member of the forum or guest get ripped off by anyone. We can not answer how they get on an approved site for players unless we know which site you are talking about.

Have a good day :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
if anyone asks me then I will have to give my honest opinion.

After reading your posts, I have to ask how many CM jobs have you had? It is common practice for any site to put a new host, regardless of their experience, on a training basis for a few days. This is to see if they know how to handle the part of the job not seen by the public, like reports, instructions, along with the public side of their ability to blend with the sites clientele. If they make it those days, then they move on to a period of "probation", to where they are paid for what they do, but continue to be under close supervision with knowlege that they are on a trial basis for "x" amount of time. When that period of time lapses, they are either kept on or let go with an explanation.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who can give their honest opinion in a respectful and profesional manner. That is what I will try to do here.

Does it seem to you that if you would have been more inquisitive, and had asked the "proper" questions, you would not be in the position of feeling "used and abused"? Would you take a land job without knowing what it pays? In my personal opinion, you left yourself wide open for the treatment you got by not asking all of your questions first, so that you could fully understand what was being expected of you.

It is obvious you have not been a host much at all, or you would have known how these things worked and wouldn't need to be questioning them now.

Quote:
I noticed that one of the sites that ripped me off before is now listed in a BPU approved forum? Whats with that? I think that if they cant be professional enough to pay their CMs then how do they become approved for players?

Which site would that be? We have open communication established with all of our approved sites and can possibly get a reponse in short order. Had you taken the time to read the forum, you would know what the requirements of being a "certified" BPU site. You can find the criteria for that here:
bingoplayersunion-certified-sites-f142.html

Bring your proof forward that you were cheated by these two sites, and we will be more than happy to look into it for you. One thing you have to remember is that you "drew first blood" by calling these sites cheaters on a public forum. I will be more than happy to contact the chat manager(s) and ask for their side of the story, but it will be public as well, because this is the way YOU chose to handle it. When you speak of being "professional", that works both ways.

Quote:
So now does anyone have any info on Bingo Card? I started to work for them, they told me the pay would be close to my minimum wage, which was my fault for not asking what the exact amount would be, but then later told me what the pay was and it was wayyyy too low for me, Min wages here are like $2 more per hour. So anyway, agreed that this wouldnt be the position for me, and now, cant get paid for the time I did work.

Do yourself a favor and actually READ what you wrote. You said it was YOUR fault and that you "agreed" this job would not work for you. Where is the problem? Why are you now blaming the site, when you have publicly taken full responsibility? My opinion with the amount of respect warranted is that you are mad at yourself for not handling this whole thing right. My advise is, don't be mad at anyone. Chalk it up to a very cheap lesson, but possibly one that was expensive enough you will not make it again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 am 

Im not really blaming them for anything except the fact that they told me training was paid. and they didnt pay me for it. I did ask if training was paid. thats all. I agree the amount of pay was my fault, but when they asked me what I wanted to make and I said minimum wage and she said OK, I assumed it would be minimum wage. Not way less than minimum wage. Well actually she told me, we usually offer people to start at $6 an hour but since you did so good yesterday on your first day of training we will pay you $7 an hour. Then told me later, no you wont be paid, after I was done working. AND after she told me traingin was paid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rippedoff!
I read your post before you edited out our approved sites RainbowBingo/EmeraldBingo. These sites have been certified as safe to play on for some time now. No doubt that when you worked there, they were owned by the IplayBingo Network. We approved them when they were bought out by the Interactive Playnet Network and had new owners. If you were ripped off by these sites it was when Iplay owned them.

Quote:
I noticed that one of the sites that ripped me off before is now listed in a BPU approved forum? Whats with that? I think that if they cant be professional enough to pay their CMs then how do they become approved for players? I wouldnt want to play at a site that I knew wasnt paying CHs…
This quote is misleading because you are basing it on outdated ownership. A far as you working for BingoCard! It seems this site has never really had a reputation for being honest to anyone. Perhaps you should have researched them here and elsewhere before you joined their staff. Food for thought.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:34 pm 

Is Bingo Card owned by the same people as Iplay as well? They sure seemed as rude when you try to ask a question. But I definitey will have to check into it next time I take a job. Wasnt trying to be unprofessional thats for sure that is why I didnt name the other companies name. Cuz I dont know who is owned by who. So ya I will defenitely look into a company before hand and not jump into working with a 12 hour notice of when to start. Was a waste of my time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:00 pm 

That really is too bad when you do the work and then are not compensated. Makes you wary of the whole game.