Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I was dumbfounded
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm 

I was in a chatroom last night playing bingo and as usual one player (I think that person was new to the site and noticed the 'same winner' syndrom even in a room with over 100 people playing) made a comment about having to leave soon because they seemed to be wasting their time trying to compete against so many. This is pretty normal at that site on that particular nite so I didn't pay much attention to comments made after that until one in particular caught my eye like a torch was lit up.

Another player said to the first player "You have to have the attitude that coming into a chatroom and making new friends is the main reason to play and winning a game is a bonus to it all".

I nearly spit my pepsi across my monitor, and being the kind of person I am, just HAD to comment myself over such a ridiculous statement. I said "That's like saying I have to PAY people to talk to me. If I'm paying at a site to play a game, I come hoping to win, and in my opinion, making acquaintences in a chatroom is the bonus because very few of those I meet will ever turn into actual friends since we are all competing for the same goal....MONEY".

The immediate response I got from that person was "Well, then I just won't talk to anybody anymore". I told her that I wasn't there trying to hurt her feelings, but felt I had to be honest about why most of us were there, and it wasn't to pay to have people talk to us. Another person then came into the mix with a comment about how lonely the other person must be, and that was the end of the entire conversation because the CH/CM immediately threw up a bajillion "lucky dust" macros to take everything out of sight. However, she hadn't done anything at first and can only suspect that she may have left chat just long enough to get something to drink or a pee break and didn't see what was going on in time to stop it earlier.

I felt badly that I got involved because I normally am not a chatroom junky, but also felt like I had to explain how the majority of the players feel and honestly felt like her comment was a real distortion of the facts. However, if she really does believe that winning is the bonus and the real reason for online gambling is to meet friends, I think she would have been far better off in the free sites instead of having to pay to have friends.

Are there any other BPU members feel the way she does? I'm truly trying to understand the logic in that and will try to keep an open mind on this but I was truly blown away with her comment.

Advertisement

NewBingoBilly Free Bingo
 Post subject: Re: I was dumbfounded
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

I believe it would blow a lot of minds if they were to know just how many people do not care a thing about withdrawing. I suppose there are many who sees the possible bingo win as a bonus, the same as you see making a friend a possible bonus. "Different strokes".....

I will not betray the trust given me and my integrity on the job by naming names or divulging and private information about any player at any site. But I will tell you that I cannot believe the amounts of money some spend and never withdraw. Never even ask for a withdrawal. If I had to guess I would guess that probably 90% of the folks who play online bingo and ENJOY chat, are not there for the withdrawal. They are totally satisfied with winning a little here and there to help them not have to deposit as often.

I say.. to each his own. For whatever reasons one plays, I hope it is an overall enjoyment for them, both if looking for friends online, or looking for a win to merit withdrawing!! Bottom line is, we are all adults (or supposed to be lol) and we should honor each others feelings with respect even if we don't agree.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Another player said to the first player "You have to have the attitude that coming into a chatroom and making new friends is the main reason to play and winning a game is a bonus to it all".

I have found over the years many players think the same way. There are many reasons for this train of thought. My idea is to win and hopefully enough to withdraw, but along the way have met some very interesting people and even some have become friends albeit cyber friends. I don't feel that the ones that are just there to make new friends are paying to make friends as there are a great many reasons players play and it is not
always to win.

Quote:
If I had to guess I would guess that probably 90% of the folks who play online bingo and ENJOY chat, are not there for the withdrawal.

I would say the above statement is a pretty true evaluation. As we don't know these players or their situations there could be a hundred reasons that they play on line bingo
and are only there to make new friends and really feel that a win is a bonus. I too am not much of a chatter in a chat room but that was not always the way I was, as when I 1st started playing on line bingo I did play to meet new people and made some very dear friends that are still friends after 10 years. I did not feel I was paying to make friends, as that thought never even crossed my mind, over the years my attitude has changed but I do respect all players no matter what their reasons are for playing on line bingo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:08 am 

I love playing and winning. I do know there are many people who are "homebound" and these chatrooms are their connection to the rest of the world. Sad as it may seem, yes..these rooms are company keepers for many. $-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gee!! Welcome to BPU!! Glad to have you :)