Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: This is interesting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 am 

Got Gala's newsletter this morning and found this at the bottom:

"You are receiving this email as you are a registered member of BingoGala™.
To cancel your membership with BingoGala™ and unsubscribe
from our newsletter click the following link. This will cancel your account and loss of any points accumulated:"

I'm going to assume that all the BE sites include that statement in their newsletters; however, it's interesting to note that you evidently are being forced into accepting their newsletters as part of your membership or you have to forfeit not only your membership but your 'points' as well. What they don't define is what 'points' are they talking about? Deposit bonus level? Bonus Bucks you have in your account? Actual cash balances?

I have opted out or opted in at nearly every site I belong to regarding their newsletters within my profile (called Broadcasting for those who don't know) and never been 'blackmailed' into giving up my account with them if I don't accept the newsletter. I figured if I wanted to read their newsletter rather than be spammed in my email with it, I could go manually to their site and read it online.

I suggest that any player who gets newsletters from sites look carefully at the option at the bottom of them regarding unsubscribing since I couldn't find anything in BE's rules stating I HAD to accept theirs or lose my membership. Wondering if this is their way to check for valid email addresses of account members since the newsletter would bounce back as undeliverable if you changed ISP's and didn't change it in your profile at their site at the same time......is this possibly another way to refuse payment at some sites since it is 'required' that you have current information in your profile, including a correct phone number and email address in order to collect cashouts?

Grrrrrrrrr............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:39 pm 

I don't think BE has refused to pay a cashout ever. They don't have stringent rules for players to cashout winnings. I've opted out of their newsletters before (or unsubscribed) and never had my account closed, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Might be a good thing to email them about. I'll definitely consider doing that.

Thanks for the info, Navy!

Post subject: I didn't find anything
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:43 am 

at BE rules regarding refusing cashouts if you don't have current personal info on file there, but I have found that entered in the rules at other sites.

I was just amazed about the statement in the newsletter that if you opted out of the newsletter your membership would be closed since I don't recall ever seeing that before in their newsletter email.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]