Bingo Players Union Announcements

:ymparty: BingoBilly.com Invites Players to Clean Up in the $2,000 Spring-Clean Your Budget Sweepstakes :ymparty:
Let's play BINGO

It is currently Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Beginning!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

I’m not sure as to what you want here, but you just need to ask, and I’ll do my best to fulfill your requests. Read my Announcement for further details.

Some of you CM’s / CH’s have shown an interest in starting a segment of BPU for just Industry Personnel. Many of you read and post here, so it’s time you all get your own space. This is all new, so I will require your help in getting it started!

When I say! Your Space I mean just that! BPU has its own agenda, but we would like to keep this Forum separate, away from all the politics in the industry! The first thing you need to consider is who will be allowed to post in your forum! We can make it so all can read, but you need to be a member of a group to post. That means, I would have to screen and make sure only Industry people can post. it’s a little work, but worth it.

I will need your input to put this together! I’m sure you want a place you can state your experience and looking for a position in the industry. Perhaps you are a new site and want to introduce yourselves! I’m sure there is a lot of information that could be exchanged here.

I also think, this new forum will need a Moderator, that is a BPU Member and connected to the industry. Hopefully you will supply some candidates for this position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:57 pm 

Sounds like a great idea and I look forward to seeing how this helps BPU and the industry get that little bit closer. After all if we all want to work together there has to be some kind of relationship.

I don't think it should be totally seperate to the other members tho.(Those who can post that is) It would create a divide and perhaps other CH/CM's, I know I do, actually look to get player input to improve things.. Just my 2 cents tho.

Either way its all trial and error but should be worth it in the end

Thanks BPU =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

If the CM's/CH's can let Cya know what it is they think will help this thread he will try to make it work for them. I am thinking that if anyone is looking for a chat leader job maybe they could post it here. That would be a start.

Or if sites were looking for CM's. Lots of good ideas, but not being in that area of the industry it would be hard for me to second guess what we are looking for. I know we have a few here that are CM's who do post here. Waiting for your input!! I think this is a great idea !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 am 

GREAT IDEA!!! I love it! I am indeed interested! I was a CM for almost 2 years and I miss it very much. I'd like to be included in this thread in a major way! THANK YOU BPU!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

This forum seems to be the beginning of the end! lol It will just sit here until someone comes forward and tells mw how you want to use this space. Its and Industry space, so Industry people have a say on how they want it used. I can come up with all kinds of stuff, but I decided its your space and only you can form its direction. :-w

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:43 pm 

Just a few ideas but hopefully some of the other members can say whether they agree or not....

1) Jobs wanted/needed section

2) A section we can discuss day to day working problems.. help with issues or prog uses

3) Perhaps somewhere we can discuss upcoming changes to the industry and how its going to affect us and what we can do about it.

4) A section BPU members can use to ask us questions, anything they'd like to know and so on

Like I say its only a few thoughts but it may help the other members to come up with ideas of their own.

As far as the moderator for this section I'm not totally sure of all the members here who are hosts/work in the industry so perhaps we can create a section so we can find out then put names forward??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your input! What you see is the result of what is posted here and what I received in PM's. Hope it satisfies your needs! If changes are needed let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 pm 

Looking good so far \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

We shall see who moves in :-w lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hey? Since I’m involved in the Bingo Industry? lol! Guess I get Apt 1A
Cya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

OMG! Did I say that? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:50 am 

I think you just did :-w

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmm seems the rent is not cheap enough :-s No one has moved in lol Oh well! I will give this section some time, if it does not pan out, I can always delete this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:38 am 

Cya, I'm thinking at this point many CMs and bingo industry workers are a bit nervous to post, thinking it could mean their jobs. I could be wrong. It will change in time and more people will post, I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:06 am 

We need to think about how things are going to be done here. Perhaps, we could work on people being able to post annonymously... they could pm the eventual moderator of this section who could post on their behalf? just a thought but on certain situations it might make people more comfortable in posting.